Sunday, February 1, 2009

My Five Minutes of Fame

Well, I've had my five minutes of fame. I submitted my Silverlight Tic Tac Toe project to the silverlight.net site. They posted it to their site on Tuesday.

Since then, the statistics on my blog have went crazy. I was seeing a net traffic load of about 15 hits per day (Yes, I know that is a pathetically low number, but since I've only been blogging for a few months, I thought that was a good start). But, since Tuesday I've averaged 150 hits per day.

The one thing that had disappointed me was the lack of comments from my visitors. Well, with over 800 hits on my Tic Tac Toe post, I only got two comments. Sigh. I guess I was just expecting too much.

The one thing the stats told me before I posted my Silverlight Tic Tac Toe game, was what people were interested enough in to seek me out. I learned that Counts in a substring, shuffling and Latin squares are by far the most popular things I'd blogged about. Now all my stats point to Silverlight.net.

Who knows what tomorrow may bring. I may finish that old magazine game, Switcheroo (The endgame AI is giving me fits!) or I may post some more "Old style" coding articles. What would you rather see more of?

*** And maybe a blatant call for comments will work :-) ***

No comments: