Sunday, August 25, 2019

Back in the (programming) saddle again!

I never thought it could happen to me.  I had publicly said, many times, that it just could never happen to me because it was such an integral part of my life, but it did.

I burnt out on programming.

I was stretched just too thin.  My personal life was falling apart from dealing with my wife’s two year losing battle with cancer.  I worked for, what some people would call, one of the best companies in the world: CSG International.  They allowed me to work first from home and then later from the hospital as I cared for my wife.  They bent over backwards to help me through this most painful of times.  But, in the end I realized that I just could not write code anymore.  I was totally burnt out.  So, I did the only honorable think I could do .. I resigned.

And, in my personal life, I was completely drained. After my wife passed, I just needed to escape.  so I did.

To the Philippines.  I have now remarried to a beautiful Filipina and I now have a … DAUGHTER!

When I moved, my sister said that I would be back at the keyboard pounding out code in no time.  Knowing how much programming meant to me, she predicted it would only take two months.

Eighteen months later …

I am finally getting the itch to program again and I have started to learn how to write mobile apps using the Xamarin platform.  I have already hit some snags that were not the easiest to unravel so I figured I would share my journey with the world.

Programming, I missed you!  Welcome back!



No comments: